People's Choice Credit Union is one of Australia's largest credit unions, offering loans, credit cards, transaction and savings accounts, financial advice and insurance.
With over 1,000 employees, $10.2 billion of funds under management and advice, 360,000 members, 40 branches and 4 advice centres and 2 work-sites, and a network of more than 3,000 rediATMs across Australia, People's Choice Credit Union offers an alternative to the 'big four'. The national presence of People's Choice has been reflected in its ranking as one of South Australia's ten-largest businesses in InDaily's annual SA Business Index.
Created through the merger of Australian Central Credit Union and Savings & Loans Credit Union in December 2009, People's Choice Credit Union's origins date back to 1949.
People's Choice Credit Union is involved socially and economically with its members and the wider Australian community. This involvement takes many forms, including:
- The People's Choice Community Lottery, which has raised more than $17 million for thousands of not-for-profit organisations;
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) partnerships with Cancer Council SA, The Big Issue, HeartKids and Life Without Barriers;
- Employee fundraising and volunteering, with more than $62,500 raised and 2,360 hours volunteered by hundreds of staff throughout 2015/16;
- Sponsorship of major community events, such as the Credit Union Christmas Pageant, the People's Choice Classic as part of the Santos Tour Down Under and People's Choice BASSINTHEGRASS
- People's Choice Credit Union was Australia's first financial institution to become a White Ribbon Accredited Workplace to fight domestic and financial abuse.
Video People's Choice Credit Union
People's Choice Credit Union represents a series of credit unions that have merged since its 1949 origin, including the Northern Territory Credit Union. In August 2009, it announced plans to merge with another credit union, Savings & Loans, with the first post-merger branch opened in December 2010.
On 27 June 2011, members of the credit union voted to change the name to People's Choice Credit Union. This change was adopted on 18 July 2011.
Maps People's Choice Credit Union
People's Choice Credit Union has been recognised with numerous awards for its products and services, including:
- Customer satisfaction: Credit union of the year (Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards 2014, 2016, 2017), outstanding customer satisfaction (Mozo People's Choice Award 2018), excellent customer service (Mozo People's Choice Award 2018), customer satisfaction for everyday banking (Mozo People's Choice Award 2018).
- Service and trust: Highly trusted (Mozo People's Choice Awards 2017, 2018), staff friendliness (Mozo People's Choice Awards 2017, 2018) and most recommended (Mozo People's Choice Awards 2018).
- First homebuyer support: Customer-owned institution of the year for first homebuyers in Victoria (CANSTAR 2017), South Australia (CANSTAR 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017) and Northern Territory (CANSTAR 2013, 2014 and 2017).
- Home loans: Best home loan package (Mozo Expert's Choice Award 2018).
- Personal loans: Personal Lender of the Year (Money Magazine/CANSTAR 2018), best car loan (Mozo Expert's Choice Award 2015, 2016, 2017).
- Deposits: Best value term deposit for long-term (Mozo Expert's Choice Awards 2015, 2016), medium-term (Mozo Expert's Choice Awards 2016), best term deposit (Mozo Expert's Choice Awards 2018), best savings account (Mozo People's Choice Awards 2015).
- Official website
Source of the article : Wikipedia