Naked and Afraid XL is an American reality television series that premiered on the Discovery Channel in 2015.
This series is a spin-off of Naked and Afraid. A group of people are given the task of surviving in the wilderness for 40 days. Each survivalist is only allowed to bring one or two helpful item(s) of his or her choosing. They are not given any other items, clothing, food, or water. The camera crews are not allowed to intervene, except for medical emergencies. Any member of the cast is allowed to tap-out at any time, meaning he or she decides not to continue with the task and goes home. The contestants hunt, trap, and gather their food in the wild and build shelters with their own hands and the available material found in the nature. At the end of the 40 days, the remaining survivalist(s) must arrive at the designated extraction point. The success of this last task indicates their ability to survive in a harsh environment for a long period of time. No cash prize has been announced for successful XL participants.
Video Naked and Afraid XL
Season 1 (2015)
The contestants from Season 1 are:
- Alana Barfield, who competed in Fiji
- Chris Fischer, who competed in Dominica
- Danielle Beau, who competed in Colombia
- Dani Julien, who competed in the Bahamas - Tapped out due to personal choice
- EJ Snyder, who competed in Tanzania and the Amazon
- Eva Rupert, who competed in Madagascar
- Hakim Isler, who competed in India - Tapped out due to heat exhaustion
- Honora Bowen, who competed in Brazil - Tapped out due to personal choice
- Jeff Zausch, who competed in Madagascar
- Laura Zerra, who competed in Panama and the Amazon
- Luke McLaughlin, who competed in Namibia
- Shane Lewis, who competed in Costa Rica - Tapped out due to physical exhaustion and depletion
All of twelve contestants were separated into four teams of three in the first day of the 40-day challenge. During the challenge period, Isler, Lewis and Julien tapped out before they could complete, resulting with sickness (injuries, nausea, heat exhaustion) or quit for personal reasons and Bowen threw their teammates survival tools to the river before tapping out. Midway through the challenge, the remaining eight people formed two teams.
Season 2 (2016)
The contestants are:
- Alyssa Ballestero, who competed in the Yucatán,
- Angel Rodriguez, who competed in Nicaragua - Tapped out Due to Personal Choice
- Carrie Booze, who competed in Cambodia - Tapped out Due to Personal Choice
- Clarence Gilmer II, who competed in Honduras - Tapped out Due to Medical Condition
- Darrin Reay, who competed in Thailand,
- Jake Nodar, who competed in the Amazon - Tapped out Due to Medical Condition
- Kim Kelly, who competed in Panama - Tapped out Due to Medical Condition
- Phaedra Brothers, who competed in India - Tapped out Due to Medical Condition
- Ryan Holt, who competed in the Everglades - Tapped out Due to Medical Condition
- Stacey Osorio, who competed in Croatia,
- Steven Lee Hall Jr, who competed in Alabama
- Tawny Lynn, who competed in the Seminole Forest of Florida -Tapped out Due to Medical Condition
Likewise, they participated in several Naked and Afraid seasons.
Angel Rodriguez, Carrie Booze, Clarence Gilmer II, Jake Nodar, Kim Kelly, Phaedra Brothers and Tawny Lynn, Ryan Holt all tapped out due to medical issues or personal choice. On day 39, the four remaining survivors now have fishing hooks and are able to harvest a considerable amount of fish. Clarence Gilmer II had fish hooks and caught fish, which he shared with his teammates before he tapped out due to medical condition. Clarence did not have a fishing pole or atlatl. Steven Lee Hall Jr. did have an atlatl which he used in an attempt to hunt wild boars, however, he was unsuccessful. He then decided to combine his atlatl with Clarence's fish hooks to form proper fishing poles.
Season 3 (2017)
The third season takes place in Ecuador's Amazon basin. Participants:
- Matt Wright, who competed in Thailand
- Russell Sage, who competed in Panama
- Charlie Frattini, who competed in Colombia
- Lacey Jones, who competed in Belize
- Giovanna Horning, who competed in Ecuador
- Amber Hargrove, who competed in the Everglades of Florida and Namibia
- Fernando Calderon, who competed in Malaysia
- Shannon Kulpa, who competed in Trinidad
- Matt Alexander, who competed in the Philippines
- Chance Davis, who competed in Ecuador (joined the cast on Day 20)
The series premiered on Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Matt Wright, Russell Sage, Charlie Frattini, Lacey Jones, and Matt Alexander all tapped out because of medical issues or personal choice. On Day 20, Chance Davis joined the group from his Naked and Afraid challenge, and he stayed with the XL group until they finished on Day 40.
Season 4 (2018)
Season 4 has been filmed in South Africa October and November 2017. It airs on April 29, 2018. The season's theme is All Stars.
- Jeremy McCaa, who competed in the Philippines and the Louisiana swamps,
- Gary Golding, who competed in Brazil,
- Trent Nielsen, who competed in Belize,
- Melissa Miller, who competed in Ecuador,
- Kaila Cummings, who competed in Colombia,
- Lindsey Leitelt, who competed in Namibia,
- Lacey Jones, who competed in Belize, and Naked and Afraid XL Season 3 in Ecuador.
- Shane Lewis, who competed in Costa Rica, and Naked and Afraid XL Season 1 in Colombia.
- Clarence Gilmer II, who competed in Honduras, and Naked and Afraid XL Season 2 in South Africa.
- Sarah Danser, who competed in the Exuma Cays of the Bahamas,
- Dustin "Duck" Campbell, who competed in Belize,
- Melanie Rauscher, who competed in the Louisiana swamps,
- Matt Wright, who competed in Thailand and Naked and Afraid XL Season 3, in Ecuador.
The survivalists are divided into 4 teams of 3, along with one survivalist who wants to complete the challenge alone, broken up into 5 locations:
- Shosho Ravine: Jeremy, Gary, and Trent.
- Noja Cliffs: Melissa, Kaila and Lindsey.
- Makubu Gorge: Lacey, Shane and Clarence.
- Pitsi Flats: Sarah, Duck and Melanie.
- Kolobe Plains: Matt.
Lacey Jones, Clarence Gilmer II, Dustin Campbell, Melanie Rauscher and Jeremy McCaa all tapped out because of medical issues or personal choice. Matt Wright completed his solo quest, reuniting with the other survivalists on Day 24.
Maps Naked and Afraid XL
In Australia, the series premiered on September 10, 2015 on Discovery Channel.
- Naked and Afraid
- Naked and Afraid XL on IMDb
Source of the article : Wikipedia